Proudly introducing our first original product, the Calidum HALE Mica-based heated print bed featuring a print area of 8 inches by 8 inches. Manufactured in the United States, the Calidum HALE provides uniform heating across the surface and delivers 115 watts (12 volts) for fast heat-up times and warp-free prints. The Calidum HALE is capable of reaching 100 °C in three minutes from room temperature1.
The Calidum HALE includes a pre-wired thermistor and is easily installed on 3 or 4 point leveling systems. Mounting holes for three point systems are provided, and the cut corners make room for a variety of four point leveling options. The Calidum HALE includes a 3M® adhesive surface which can receive glass (borosilicate recommended), copper, or aluminum (MIC-6® recommended).
The Calidum HALE is an easy drop-in upgrade for all printers with a print area of 8 inches by 8 inches.
Most printers use 12 volts. If you are not sure which variant you need for your machine, please contact us.
- Printable Surface Area: 8.070 inches by 8.070 inches
- Thickness: 0.033 inches
- Thickness (including bottom connector pads): 0.150 inches
- Adhesive Material: 3M® adhesive
- Mounting System: Native support for 3 and 4 point leveling systems
- Power Input: 12V (115 watts) or 24V (144 watts)
- Heat-Up Times: 3 minutes to 100° C from room temperature1
- Printing Surfaces: Aluminum, Copper, Glass, or other combinations (such as Aluminum + Glass for easy glass removal)
- Wire Connectors: bare leads
- Heater Lead Color: Black
- Heater Lead Length: 24 inches (12 inches for 24v)
- Thermistor Lead Length: 24 inches (12 inches for 24v)
- Thermistor Lead Color: White
- Thermistor: Pre-wired and ready to use
- Thermistor Type: NTC 100 kOhm
- Maximum Suggested Temperature: UL-recognized up to 200° C
1. Heat up times may vary depending on environment, motherboard, power supply and desired target temperature.
2. The Calidum HALE is a heated surface, but cannot be directly printed on. A rigid print surface is also required, such as glass, aluminum, copper, or a thick sheet of PEI. These surfaces are not included.